NHAI has rolled out program for Electronic Toll Collection on Toll Plazas on National Highways to be called FASTag.
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas.
FASTag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing it, you only need to recharge/ top up the FASTag as per your requirement. FASTag offers near non-stop movement of vehicles through toll plazas and the convenience of cashless payment of toll fee with nation-wide interoperable Electronic Toll Collection Services.
What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time
- Near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
- Online Recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
- Online Portal for customers
- Validity of 5 Years
- Incentive: You can avail a cashback of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag in 2016-17
Other benefits are:
- Environmental benefit :Reduced air pollution, Reduced use of paper
- Social benefit :Reduced toll payment hassles, Analytics for better highway management
- Economic benefit :Reduced effort in management at toll plaza, Reduced effort in monitoring centrally
Is there any incentive / discount on Toll payments using FASTag?
Customer can avail a cashback of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2016-17. The cashback amount for a particular month will be credited back to your FASTag account within a week of subsequent month.
Is FASTag compulsory & is FASTag for any particular kind / category of vehicle?
Adopting FASTag is voluntary at this stage of the program. However, it may be made mandatory in future at some locations. FASTag is applicable for all categories, kinds, makes and types of vehicles.
What documents are required?
Customer need to submit a copy of the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner (viz. Individual / corporate)
- For Individual : ID proof and Address proof from the list mentioned and 1 passport size photograph.
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card (with address)
- For instance, valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
Where you can buy FASTag?
FASTags are now available online. You can also purchase FASTags from Republic Hubs.